I recently came across this post by Miss Amaranth. Seeing as it is my birthday today, and I’m being all reflective, I thought I would share it here:
*snagged in full, because it’s all so true*
- “You are not a horrible unlovable slut if you don’t marry the man you lose your virginity to.”
- “Sex is nice, and there’s nothing wrong with wanting it. It’s also okay NOT to want it. It’s your decision, always.”
- “You’re bi, and that’s okay! For God’s sake, stop denying it!” (Well pansexual, but along the same drift, and I did identify as bisexual for a long time.)
- “Someone doesn’t have to hit you for it to be abuse.”
- “One fight doesn’t mean the end of the relationship. Arguments are very normal. Learn how to fight well, rather than aiming to never ever fight at all.”
- “Anybody who will try to force you to change is not worth your time.”
- “You’re allowed to leave someone as well, if you want to.”
- “The One Big Love Of Your Life who will complete you, make you whole and take away all your problems is a myth.”
- “There are more possibilities to love than the house → marriage → babies → happy-ever-after path. That’s one route, no more ‘correct’ than any other. It’s worth considering it might not be the right one for you.”
- “When in doubt, communication is the answer.”
- “You think this is ‘madly in love?’ Honey, wait until you see what Madly In Love really feels like!”
- “A couple of years from now, you’re going to discover this amazing movement called ‘polyamory’ and a new world of fun, adventure, challenge and love will open up to you. Get ready to enjoy the ride, because it’s going to be intense!”
I have no regrets about my life so far, for that has made me who I am today. Knowing all of the above when I was younger probably wouldn’t have changed how I lived my life, or the experiences I had, but I think it would have been nice to have known.
Posted in Diary, Rantings
- Tagged abuse, birthday, bisexual, bisexuality, diary, emotional abuse, love, marriage, pansexual, pansexuality, polyamorous, polyamory, Queer, rantings, self acceptance, self reflection, self-love, sex, sexuality, slut shaming, virginity
Yup, it’s my birthday today.
I can’t believe I’m 27 now, actually in my late-20s… still feel like I’m only 20
And here’s a cute owl:
… is a shiny, red ball gag
Like this one
Along with a couple of paddles in varying widths and materials.
What kinky/fetish items are you wanting this year?
(psst, by clicking on the images they’ll take you to where they can be purchased *wink*)
HA!! This post is such a good example of what my life is like, there’s always something somewhat sex-related just waiting to pop up when you least expect it!!
It’s been an exciting day!!
My wedding dress has arrived, and is now safely on its way to my sister’s house where J can’t see it. A number of other clothing items arrived at the same time (I ❤ clothes). Luckily, my sister’s husband arrived with my birthday present shortly after the courier, giving me just enough time to try the dress on.
My birthday present is a beginner crochet guide (yay for wool-related activities!!). Hopefully I’ll be able to complete a small baby blanket in time for the birth of my soon-to-be-sister-in-law’s first baby.
The first exciting delivery of the day was my very first strap-on!! (This is the somewhat NSFW part.)
This is the Vibrating Harness in black and the Echo in Copper from Tantus Inc. The delivery came with some other products which I shall talk about another time 🙂
Just in time for Half-Nekkid Thursday 🙂 Now I just need to find someone to try it out with…
Posted in Half-Nekkid Thursday
- Tagged birthday, crochet, dildo, gender, Half-Nekkid Thursday, hnt, J, NSFW, sex related, sex toys, sexuality, strap-on, wedding